*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/786131-new-notes-for-a-new-blog
by RICH
Rated: E · Book · Hobby/Craft · #1584786
Blogging, to take over the world.
#786131 added July 16, 2013 at 12:54pm
Restrictions: None
new notes for a new blog
New notes for a new blog old blog

2.15am - guess who is back ?

It barks, it bays, it is happy to be here, it has a low-slung body about yay high, droopy eyes so sad and glad, and ears which almost reach the ground.

If you guessed 'the hound from hell' then you have been reading my previous blogs.

If you had no idea, bad - bad - on you ... welcome anyway

The Basset is back.

The hound has disappeared ? This is Saturday - and the sheep-dog-thing is still here. This is the mate to the hound. They were both visiting without being invited. Non the less, they were here and I was still thinking what to do about this situation. Keep in mind, I think very slowly, so, after two days worth of thinking, they were away.

If my thoughts were the driving power behind their absence, it would have impressed me no end, this was not to be.

The next day the sheep-dog-thing was at the feed trough, and as I looked at him, I saw a limp. A limp here means little as we have many thorns in many forms, and I called him over to have a look.

Much to my surprise and dismay, he had a snare around his leg which he had broken off below the hair line. Fortunately, it broke off and did not cut into his skin.

This is what prompted my walk-about. I went to look for the hound, as they love to go hunting together. So far, no sign of anything hound-wise.
I did see a horse carcass, a dead jackal, a live steenbok (small antelope), a rabbit, and then the rubbish.

Note 2:

A majority of one - this question lands on my plate frequently these days.

As the senior partner around here, many 'final says' are mine.

Some are easy to make, some are not easy, then a few stick in the craw - yet - out they must!

"A wise man will not leave the right to the mercy of chance, nor wish it to prevail through the power of the majority. There is but little virtue in the action of masses of men." -- Thoreau

Okay, a wise man I am not, and as for virtue, the word is not even known ... (here I had to go and Google the word, oi - what a big word it is!)

Rather settle for the ' vices' - they require so much less effort, commitment, and are truly a lot of fun.

Err in haste, repent at leisure - as a wise man once said!

This water is too deep ...

There must be an easier way to ford this.

Monday note 3

The hound was found, safe and sound. It actually went home of its own accord !

and is back here again ...

Tuesday
note 4

Things do go wrong at times.

The gate wasn't closed properly and the dogs got into the gamefarm and killed an antelope.

Now every one is barking up the wrong tree.

Who let the dogs in ?


note 5 Thursday

The dogs were returned home, the keeper of game fixed his end of the business, now we shall see about the dog's end ...

note 6 Saturday morn @ 355am

And he is back, the Basset has returned !

The new game has been delivered, the gates and fences double checked ... and now for the next move in this saga of no importance, except to a few.

Tuesday, and all is well. That is as far as the mutts go, they have all been returned to their home, where they are under house arrest.Time will tell ...

















© Copyright 2013 RICH (UN: j2rr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RICH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/786131-new-notes-for-a-new-blog