*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/786205-Art-Speaks
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#786205 added July 5, 2013 at 10:00am
Restrictions: None
Art Speaks
The July 5, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum
Is there a painting or sculpture you’re drawn to? What does it say to you? Describe the experience. (Or, if art doesn’t speak to you, tell us why.)

Art speaks
in the spectrum's dialect
to the human soul.

A person must want to hear the voice of a painting or a sculpture before the art work will speak to the human soul through the eyes. Art has a secret language of its own, which only the soul can hear. It whispers to the spirit through colors and images rather then words. A poet or writer can put words on paper attempting to translate what a particular piece of artwork says to him or her; however, something is last in the translation because the writer is attempting to translate into words the interpretation of the soul.

Art speaks
I listen in silent gratitude
waiting for my soul to respond.

In order to hear what a piece of art has to say, I have to approach it in silent reverence. I have found that even the most disturbing painting or sculpture has something to say about society, the artist, or myself. If I find an artwork disturbing, I want to know why I find it disturbing. I have that the most disturbing pieces of art says something negative about culture in which it was created.

Art speaks
in the soul's arcane language,
or in the culture's colloquial tongue.

Thought of the Day: "Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed." - Khalil Gibran

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/786205-Art-Speaks