*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/786494-Life-Changing-Decisions
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#786494 added July 10, 2013 at 11:09am
Restrictions: None
Life Changing Decisions
The July 10, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum and "Invalid Item is
Pinpoint a moment in your past where you had to make a big decision.
Write about that other alternate life that could have unfolded.

Life changing decisions,
one, two, and three:
Which had the most impact
upon me?

The three most important decisions I made in there chronological order. First, the decision to spend my life living with my mother when I moved to Las Vegas. Second, the decision to give my daughter up for adoption. Third, the decision to become my mother's caregiver. I suspect that the biggest decision was to move in with my mother when I came to Las Vegas. The reason I say this is that I believe that choice had an effect upon the other two decisions.

What alternate life style would unfold
if I could go back in time
and change
or unmake the decision
to live with my mother in Las Vegas
instead of going out on my own?

I would not be writing this today because my mother was the person who encouraged me to write. True, I might have been more independent (this is questionable), but I would not be writing. I would not have given up daughter up for adoption and given her a better chance at fulling her potential then should could have with me. I would not have heard about the Baha'i Faith and had the courage to investigate it or Baha'u'llah. I know I would have ended up with some loser who thought he was a man. Someone who only wanted a woman to make a living for him while he went to bars to philander and get drunk.



© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/786494-Life-Changing-Decisions