*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/786586-Thursday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#786586 added July 11, 2013 at 3:52pm
Restrictions: None
Thursday
Just getting this started now, but not sure if I will finish it or come back later. I have a bunch of work I should be doing, but I'm practicing my right to procrastinate.

Even so, I will have to get some of it done, like the next schedule. We start it on Sunday, so I do need to get it done and posted.

I got out of work today, came home, got my stuff together and ran over to the courthouse to transfer a vehicle title, get the plates registered, and renew my driver's license.

When I got there, everything went smooth, except the plates. I had them off of a car I sold, so they did not have current registration stickers on them. Since they were expired, I cannot use the plates, but instead had to buy new ones.

In South Dakota, you own the plates, they do not stay on the vehicle when you sell it. So, when I sold the Dodge, I took the plates off. Since I do not have a vehicle to put them on, I did not pay for the current year's registration. I mean, what would I have registered?

But, in South Dakota, if your plates are not currently registered, you cannot put them on another vehicle and register them for that vehicle. Makes about as much sense as lying on your back and peeing straight up.

So, I bought new plates and asked what I should do with the old ones. She told me to destroy them, since they are not currently registered, they are not good for anything.

She also gave me a notice that the title for the car I sold and took the plates off of was still at the capital, and I need to give them a current address to send me the title. I told her I had the title, and she said that was impossible, the notice stated it could not be sent.

After I got home, I looked and sure enough, I have th title. Bureaucracy, it's like arguing with a drunk, running on marbles, and eating peas through a straw.

But, I got it done, I have new registered plated and the title will come in the mail... maybe. Who knows, since the other one did and they say it did not.

Next, I went to renew my drivers licence. I talked to the nice looking young lady and found out I need two documents that have my current address. Since we cannot get mail at our street address, it will be difficult to prove, but I did find a couple of things that show it. I will also need a copy of my birth certificate and my social security card. It's getting to be almost impossible to get this stuff anymore, unless you are an illegal alien. In that case, you would just have to put your X on the line, your good to go.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/786586-Thursday