*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787195-Sunday-Review-July-14-to-July-20-2013
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#787195 added July 21, 2013 at 9:43am
Restrictions: None
Sunday Review: July 14 to July 20, 2013
The July 21, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Blog. Tell us about your week. Include your favorite blog entry from your fellow challengers from the preceding week and, most importantly, why.

My fingers don' t want to cooperate
they want to misspell the words that I know,
they want to land on the wrong keys or row,
so the only thing for me to do
is to take another sip of coffee
and let the caffeine
go to my fingers and toes.

The first thing that happened when I sit down at the keyboard on Sunday, July 14, was a case of the hiccups. I took several sips of coffee and they went away. I had another attack of the hiccups every day for the next six days and each attack stopped after I took a few sips of coffee. The same thing happened this morning, I do not know why I get the hiccups each morning or why taking sips of coffee alleviate them. I am happy that my iced coffee makes the hiccups go away because I dislike having the hiccups all day.

Then there is the issue of my fingers and the keyboard. I have noticed several time over the past few weeks that my finger do not cooperate when I am writing. Sometime they turn the letters around around in the word and sometimes they will skip a space. I am not sure whether the coffee helps or hinders this problem. I do not want to find out! If I stop drinking coffee because of this and the coffee is not causing the problem, then I have went through caffeine withdrawal without a valid reason. Besides if I cut out the caffeine I will have to deal with permanent case of the hiccups.

Maybe it's Murphy's Law1
manifesting itself
in my life
and making sure that I remember
that Murphy has a rule
for every event and possibility.

The prompts for this week were, as always, creative and thought provoking. The response I liked best "Janie's Got A Gun... was composed by Elle - on hiatus . I liked it because it gave the view of someone who was not born in American on the gun issue. I like hearing the views and opinions of people from other countries on the problems we face in this country because it broadens my outlook and gives me something to think about.

Thought of the Day: "I need to broaden my horizons." - Trevor Dunn

Footnotes
1  http://www.murphys-laws.com/murphy/murphy-laws.html


© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787195-Sunday-Review-July-14-to-July-20-2013