*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787225-Summer-Clothing
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#787225 added July 21, 2013 at 4:49pm
Restrictions: None
Summer Clothing
           I've made my feelings clear in this blog about short shorts or hot pants that don't fit or on legs that shouldn't be seen in public. The exception, of course, is recreational areas like the beach, the lake, or the riverside. Ball parks and amusement parks don't have the same permissive air; they're supposed to be wholesome family areas.

             Now I want to cover tops. I know it's summer. I know it's hot. But nobody wants to get on the city bus and sit down across from a double D who barely has her essentials covered in a spaghetti strap, thin tank top. That's just a little too personal and embarrassing for everyone. If I can see all the details of the tattoo in your cleavage, you're letting me see too much. Yes, I have found that the little skinny girls don't call as much attention to themselves in the low-cut shirts as average to ample women. I don't have to get graphic here. If you know that you are blessed with ample curves, or if you're a little heavy, you need more coverage. Maybe it's a percentage thing. To cover up 50% of an ample bosom, you need a lot more material than covering up 50% of a modest one. (Actually, I prefer 75% covered, but I'm trying to be generous.)

         Being a woman, I'm not interested in viewing women's body parts. That brings me to men. As appreciative as I am of the male form, particularly the young adult male, I want to complain about shirtlessness. Why do men think it's okay to throw off their shirts? The ones least likely to brag or show off are the ones most likely to strip off in public. If you're jogging, or working, you can wear a muscle shirt or tank. It's a little less intimate with strangers. Besides, men these days wear baggy pants. If you can stand all that extra material in long baggy shorts or sweat pants, you can wear a shirt. Try shorts that come about 5 or 6 inches above the knee with some kind of cotton-therefore absorbent-shirt.

         Remember, everyone is looking at you, not just attractive young things. That includes dirty old men, perverts, criminals, old women, your former teachers, and maybe a future employer. You can be cool, neat, and maybe even sexy, without showing the world everything.

© Copyright 2013 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787225-Summer-Clothing