*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787900-I-Crashed
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#787900 added July 31, 2013 at 7:42pm
Restrictions: None
I Crashed
July 31, 2013

This is one entry I would rather not record. I was out and about and my car got mangled. The passenger side tire was more vertical than horizontal. Needless to say I was not going anywhere. The person in the other car was a youngster probably no older than seventeen. It was his first mishap. Both of us were shaken up and unable to make movement toward a resolution. There a couple of dark skinned souls who saw everything as two drivers were longing for some measure of clear headedness. Neither of us were injured thank God.

I was at an intersection headed toward a gas station with my directional light on. The young man had just veered around two buses and as I was turning he tried to avoid my car as I was heading toward the station. Neither of us were able to stop to the extent the crash could be avoided. A policeman with a Russian kind of accident entered a scene with an audence of the youth, his Dad and Mom on one side. My wife, the witness and myself were on the other side. One thing was clear to both parties. I never saw the car coming. The sun was in my eyes and I was more attentive to the two buses and did not see him until I was about to enter the gas station. The police officer was real good about it. He helped me see that it was my fault according to the law for not paying closer attention to oncoming traffic. The police officer could have given me a ticket. Instead he decided that because of the nature of the occurence that he did not see it would be better to go to court with the understanding that if the other persons did not show up I would not have to pay the ticket. Dad was livid, mom was congenial, the son at least a bit befuddled and in the midst of the wreckage one person was peeling off after another. I was waiting for the tow truck while the father drove with his son off into the sunset.

I'd like to say something good will come out of it. I was glad to help the witness out with some cash that I had. I appreciated that he was there and was able to help me keep my sanity. The policeman was the hero as near as I could tell. I am released from the chaos to blog to you all. I pray for your safe travels and for the real truth order can be made out of chaos. Thanks for being patient with me as I tell my story-whoever you are.

© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787900-I-Crashed