*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787812-Today
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#787812 added July 30, 2013 at 8:23am
Restrictions: None
Today
Today

I had a tough night of dreaming. In a sense it was labor ushering in new life. I am currently remarried and conflicted as to how I want my life to go forward. In the dream I find myself looking at want-ads and ultimately telling everyone that after my daughter graduates I am going to try to be a pastor anywhere they will have me. Everyone in the dream was shocked and horrified including my present wife who wants nothing to do with being a pastor's wife.

Today is different than what is dreamed about in darkness. I am awake and trust that I will enjoy the day, even knowing that there is a rumbling underneath. I am learning that I can be a pastor by being available to the moments that today offers. I celebrate the love I share with another woman. I look forward to more time with my grandson at six pm. today. My middle son Tim recently heard that his school (Gordon Parks) is back up and running. I can not control the future. I plan to relish the moment knowing the future (whatever that may be) finds it's foundation in how I allow myself to embrace and enjoy what is happening now.

Hello God this is drifter,

Thanks for opportunity to breathe, walk and talk and even dream. I am glad that you are able to let me share my innermost struggles and rants. There are times that I wonder if it might be best to keep my mouth shut rather than risk people out there shutting my mouth for me. I give my life over to you, knowing that you who created it can at the same time make it new and fresh; a joyous recreation. I like the idea of "today". I look forward to whatever joy and challenges come my way so that I might one day know for myself. Thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Love and Peace

Drifter


© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787812-Today