*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787914-emissary-and-other-stories
by RICH
Rated: E · Book · Hobby/Craft · #1584786
Blogging, to take over the world.
#787914 added August 4, 2013 at 1:00pm
Restrictions: None
emissary and other stories.
Note 1:
Emissary.

A crow was sent out to seek for land and it never came back. Maybe it got lost, maybe it found a new place, maybe it drowned. Who knows ?
Then a dove went out and a twig for a nest was brought, a sign of many things to come. The beginning of a new world.

Note 2:
Another horse on the same course - or - a horse with no name.


If ever a horse had no name, this one got plenty today.
Again, the same course, on the double highway, within spitting distance from the previous incident, there was a lonely stallion today.
Fortunately he was very calm, and wasn't running hither and thither as did the other horses.
His owner who had a mare on the halter, a foal in tow, plus a pack of three hunting dogs; was as drunk as a skunk, or as thick as a brick - either way - we couldn't communicate above the constant noise of the cars whizzing by.

I had parked my car facing the oncoming traffic, my hazard and head lights on, and the reaction I got was a few people who indicated to me - your lights are on !.

Eventually, after quite a while, the horse was re-united with his group.

The police were informed, and we had a police car actually slow down for a few moments, flash the blue light, and off he went. After-all, it is Friday afternoon.

(The previous blog entry on this subject was on the 24th November 2012 - time flies.)

http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1904829-Horses-will-be-shot

**post script
The same horse was found that evening next to the road again, and someone who knows about horses came to fetch him and removed him off the road.
Fortunately nothing went wrong.

Oh, by the way, his name is Prince, and he used to belong to my neighbors. Maybe he was a bit home-sick.
( not related to 'my Prince' )


Note 3:
Day of the Jackal.


Sunday afternoon August 4th - 2.30 pm approximately.

The declaration of war is something which is normally remembered and noted by historians.

A note in the embassy bag '' The natives are restless '' or the local spy '' There is movement on the ground '' even '' Rumors are doing the rounds '' maybe a phone-call '' What the @#$#%^&*() do you think you are doing! ''

As if I need this -

My other neighbor on the farm has now decided, he has nothing better to do than irritate me.

Welcome to the latest in the comedy of errors.

On a Sunday, he phones to carry on about a fence, which we share.

Why not Monday, why now after fourteen years ?

Welcome to my worlds, the universe of all people.

Two of a kind


Today I had two meals to eat,
two cats to pamper,
two dogs to feed and walk,
and now two wars to fight.

Ain't I lucky ?
















© Copyright 2013 RICH (UN: j2rr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RICH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787914-emissary-and-other-stories