*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787985-Not-So-Blue-Anymore
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#787985 added August 1, 2013 at 6:34pm
Restrictions: None
Not So Blue Anymore!

The The StoryMaster and The StoryMistress have a remarkable way of always managing to surprise us with new and exciting things. Usually it's some kind of a site update, or an announcement of a cool new contest or challenge that's up and running. But every so often, they surprise us in a much more personal way. The first time was way back in March 2008 when I logged in one morning and realized that the color of my portfolio case had changed from black to yellow. (I was driving and checking my email from the road at the time, so to say that the promotion caught me off guard would be an understatement!) The second time was in April 2010 when my wife and I were on vacation in Paris. We were standing in line for the Eiffel Tower, about to get on the elevators to ascend to the top, and I briefly checked my email and found that my portfolio case had again changed, this time from yellow to blue.

The third time was last night, when I found out my portfolio case had changed color once again from blue to purple. (Thankfully I was sitting on the couch at the time and not involved in any extreme activities like driving or world travel. *Laugh*). With the promotion comes a whole lot of responsibility that I'm just starting to be able to wrap my brain around, but even at these early stages of my tenure as a Senior Moderator, it's incredibly humbling and gratifying to know that the time I've spent on this site has earned that kind of trust from the staff.

I'm absolutely thrilled with my delightful new case color, and even more thrilled at the prospect of continuing to be a part of the Writing.Com community for many, many years to come. *Smile*

© Copyright 2013 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787985-Not-So-Blue-Anymore