*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788004-Thursday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#788004 added August 1, 2013 at 10:37pm
Restrictions: None
Thursday
Here I am, late as usual. It's a regular thing for me; to be late that is. Not that I try, it's just that there is so much going on and so little I can do about it. Today is another example of the same.

I worked from 5:00 this morning until 11:00 this morning, but by the time I got out of there, it was 11:30. From there, I went and did an interview. We are in need of help, and I had a person who was interested. He was qualified and able, we are in a bind and need help bad. I offered him the position and he accepted.

We filled out paperwork, set up a training schedule, and got everything ready to go. By this time, it's after 2:00 in the afternoon. I go from there back to work to get the schedule updated, and end up helping out. Then, it's into the store to work out the details with the store management. Finally I'm done and back home at 3:30 this afternoon. Keep in mind, this is my time, and I do not get paid for this.

But, since it will give us all a little more time off, and a couple of us haven't been getting any days off, it's worth it. However, shortly after I get home, I get a call. He no longer wants the position, he can make more off of unemployment. Well, since he only wanted part time and limited his hours he could work to twelve to eighteen, I'm sure he can.

So, I wasted away my afternoon, and didn't get anyplace. Also, the person who is working a few mornings and filling in for the double coverage since we are so short informed me she can no longer work the mornings, and only is available for the three double coverage days. This is three days less, and another eighteen hours of coverage I need to fill in somehow.

So, the late afternoon and evening has been spent trying to work out a schedule that works as best as we can, and that leaves little time for anything else except to eat a quick supper, write a few lines here and get to bed so I can get up at 3:30 tomorrow and do it all again.

I still have hope -- one day soon it will all work out.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788004-Thursday