*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788067-Friday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#788067 added August 2, 2013 at 11:36pm
Restrictions: None
Friday
Better get to writing this or it's going to show up on Saturday even though it's still Friday here. But, I need to go clean some fish first, so just a short start and then I'll write a little bit more when I'm done.

The fish are cleaned and I'm back. Well, they are mostly cleaned, I did the cutting and messy part, Rhonda is washing them up in clean water and putting them in the freezer. If you had not guessed yet, I went out fishing this afternoon, after work.

One of the guests this morning mentioned he was only going to do a little bit of work, then go fishing this afternoon. I asked him where and he told me, and we talked fishing for a little bit. I told him where we had gone but not had much for luck. He explained how he fishes the same lake, and I wanted to give it a try.

So, after work, and then another hour after scheduling and paperwork, I bought the items I needed, called my brother, and we got out on the lake about two this afternoon. We did great, and ended up catching over three limits, I'm guessing about fifteen fish. The limit is four per person, so more like four limits.

Of course we did not keep all of them, but did end up with a limit each. Some we ended up with were pretty small for keeping, but they had swallowed the hook and would not have survived if released. I could not see letting them go knowing they would die, so that we could keep bigger fish.

They were on the small side, but big enough. Barely, but big enough. They will taste great, so it doesn't matter. Of course, cleaning them does, if they were bigger they would fillet out much better. But since they are not, I did not fillet them. They are trimmed up, gutted and heads removed, ready to grill with the skin on to hold in the moisture. Walleyes tend to be a very lean fish and dry out so easy, but with skin intact, I think they will grill up very well. Especially with some good hardwood added to give a smoky flavor.

I know, I should have come home, taken a nap, and got some work done instead. But, it was a nice day, and I do not know when I will get another chance like today. Next week will be a long week since we had to revamp the schedule for a certain person. Then, she still wanted one of the days off, even though it would put us over on hours.

We hacked it out and got it to work, but I have to pull some long hours to fill in. Then, after I get back from fishing, I find out that she is planning on volunteering one of the days she asked to have the schedule switched to. I don't get it. She didn't say anything to me at all, and I told her she would be put back on her shift of double coverage, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. That is what she asked for and even though it was short notice and made for a lot of work for me and Rhonda, we did it for her. She told me before, she cannot work Mondays, so that was not even asked.

But, on Monday, she is going to apply for a volunteer position on Fridays and Mondays. She can work for nothing on Mondays, but she cannot help out the people she works with? We will see how it turns out, but she may just have ended her career with us. I have no use in keeping someone on who would walk over her fellow workers, lie to them, and then leave them short and give her time to someone else.

I could take out the handbook and show her the agreement she made to put her work first, to work all scheduled hours, and any overtime if needed. Instead, I will let her hang herself by doing this. She will only have two days left she works, and they are double coverage, which is a temporary position. When it ends, she will not have any option to pick up work she turned down now; not when it put us in a terrible position and cost everyone except her. I believe the term is, "used."

Call it what you will, Karma, divine justice, what ever; the bottom line is, "What comes around, goes around." As for me, I'm just glad I had the foresight to go fishing on such a beautiful day, while the opportunity presented itself. After today, she may have screwed me out of any days off for who know's how long.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788067-Friday