*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788201-Sunday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#788201 added August 4, 2013 at 7:48pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday
My last entry was on Friday, I missed Saturday and now am writing for Sunday. I just did not get the time to get in here yesterday, so I get to mark one miss since I started this.

I was up at three-thirty again yesterday, and did not get out of work until twelve hours later. By the time I got home, I was shot. Three hours of sleep Friday night, if I was lucky, then a twelve hour day. I made it home, sat down here in my chair, and nodded right off. I tried to get something done, but I kept dozing off, so I finally just went and crawled into bed.

I knew Rhonda would call after she got off work, so I didn't even bother to set an alarm. Of course, it was after eight by now. Rhonda would be done around nine-thirty, so I figured an hour and a half nap. Then she would call, wake me, and I could start our dinner and have it ready for here when she got home.

She did call, too. But I was sleeping so sound, I did not here the phone. We have two of them, one in the kitchen and one in the living room. Our bedroom is right off the living room, and I always wake to the phone, but not this time. I did not hear anything, even though she left a message. I did kind of hear the dogs barking when she got home, but it was so far away and muffled.

In my brain, it registered. I knew they were barking, and I knew why. I wanted to open my eyes and get up to go see her. I was awake enough to know these things, but still to asleep to open my eyes. I was fighting it, I could here her moving around, I thought I heard her voice, but the darkness was pulling me back in.

I don't know what actually pulled me back out and woke me enough to get my eyes open, but something did. I seen light and sound soon followed. I knew I could not hold on long, so I rolled to my side, swung my legs over the side of the bed and forced reluctant muscles to move.

As I stepped out, I seen her computer was on, and then -- there she was. I was steadily becoming more and more awake, and soon she was in my arms, our lips met and our bodies embraced. Soon after we were both back in bed, locked in passion and longing for the other.

After, we ate a little, watched a bit of T.V. then soon returned to bed, snuggled, cuddled, and soon I was sound asleep, again.

Today I was in better shape, but I'm still very tired. I'll skip dinner and settle myself into bed for a nice nap here soon. Rhonda will not be home for another hour and a half, and I can get caught up on some much needed sleep while I wait. Then, we will enjoy a nice, but quick dinner, watch a little T.V. and then snuggle into bed.

Tomorrow I will be up at three-thirty again, and it will start all over. Well, not quite. Next week is going to be a long one. I have to work twelve hours again tomorrow, and I'm not sure what will come of the rest of it. By the time I get home, I will hopefully find an E-mail message with good news, lots of hours of availability, and an end to this particular problem.

Wishful thinking? Perhaps, but I will hope for the best and be prepared for the worst. It should land in there someplace in the middle.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788201-Sunday