*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788504-August-9-2013
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#788504 added May 29, 2019 at 9:23pm
Restrictions: None
August 9, 2013
Friday's poetic Thoughts on Writing
A funny Friday?
It is too early to say.
I am depressed anyway.

Funny Friday is a weekly blog prompt when the official version of the 30-Day Blogging Challenge is held on writing.com. The next official version of the Challenge will occur in September, so the only blogging prompts I am receiving are from the Blogging Circle of Friends. The Blogging Circle of Friends is also a writing.com group.

The goal is to write
Two thousand words a day
There must be a way.

I wrote that little poem last night or early this morning before I went to bed, which is actually my couch since I do not have a real bed. Even when I had a real bed I could not sleep in it because it enhanced my back pain. At least, sleeping on the couch does not cause my back to hurt.

When is the best time to write,
I wander as I look into the night;
I think of tomorrow
The mourning dove's sorrow
And I remember the nightingale's plight
As I listen to the neighbors' cats fight.

Friday shopping in Las Vegas

Istiql'l (Independence), 9 Kam'l (Perfection), 170 BE - Friday, August 9, 2013 about 7:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time

I went to the grocery store this morning. I bought two individual watermelons, a loaf of bread, and a package of personal items. I intended to buy only the bread and the personal items, but the watermelons were two for the price of one so I bought two. Since I am the only one in the house I will be eating watermelon for at least four days, unless I decided to have the melons for two meals tomorrow.

cold watermelon
a summer time favorite
childhood memories

I started buying the individual watermelons when Mom was alive. I could buy one melon without worrying about finding room in the refrigerator. I found that I like the small melons because they taste good and I can eat one in a couple of days instead of a week and worrying about it spoiling. I know that I should have purchased just one melon, but the price was good and I was thirsty.

I ate before I went to the store this morning, but I did not take any water with me because I figured I was just going a short distance. Next time I take water with me and drink it before going into the store. That way I will not be tempted to purchase more melons then I can eat in two days.

© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788504-August-9-2013