*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788688-Sunday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#788688 added August 11, 2013 at 10:00pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday
It's getting late and I need to get this done for the night. That sounds wrong, "Need to get this done."  That has the incantation that this is a task that is not pleasant but needs to be done.

It's not. I have some of them, but not many. Once in a while they surface, but writing is never one of them. It isn't always something I enjoy, but it is never displeasing to me. For example, when writing up someone for some corrective action. I do not enjoy it, but I do not dislike it, either.

Of course, the confrontation is anything but pleasant, and in some cases, I wish I didn't have to. In most of them, I do not mind at all, it's just unpleasant. Like I said, though, the writing part is still a challenge and I do not mind it.

The only time I can say I don't like to write is when I don't have anything to write about. Even then, I really can't say I don't like it, I just don't have anything to write. It's more frustrating than anything.

That has been the case for a while now. I don't have time to write, and I really don't have much to write about. I go to work, I come home, I work from home. So what to write about -- um, work? So I do, but even that is difficult unless I write about what is most pressing upon my brain, and that is too much work, no time off, and the problems that create this situation.

And, that is what I have been writing about. So, it's getting old in a hurry. In fact, I have many entries about work, and I would rather write about other things. When you don't have time for other things, that becomes difficult.

I could call upon my wonderful imagination, but even there, I'm limited by time. Yes, it takes time to imagine, to work out details, and to write it down. Mostly, though, it takes peace of mind to come back over and over to finish the imaginary item.

And right now, I do not have time. In fact, I'm gone so much my dog doesn't even like me anymore. My wonderful wife supports me, but she also is missing me, and I her. There are other's who also want some of my time. I try and tell them, "I don't got none," but they don't understand. "Hell, I don't understand."

So it is, but hopefully I'll be looking back at all of this soon and with a smile on my face I can say, "That was hell!"

For now, it's life and we deal with it the best we can.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788688-Sunday