*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789050-Still-Breathing
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#789050 added August 17, 2013 at 12:40pm
Restrictions: None
Still Breathing
Did I say I was going to take a breather in my last entry? *Rolleyes* Life has a habit of making a mockery of our plans.

I've not spent a full day at home since my last blog, so opportunities to tackle housework, writing, genealogy, crafts or any other of my many listed plans have been very low on the ground.

I've been out with friends, spent a pleasant unexpected day out with my sister, had family visits and the inevitable supermarket trips. A friend bought me some theatre tickets for my burpday, but then realised she couldn't accompany me so I kindly dragged hubby along to see the stage version of Ghost. It was very good and the special effects well handled, though I wasn't keen on the music or the voice of the main female character.

I've organised and enjoyed another school reunion and attended a couple of medium demonstrations which I always find interesting. Yesterday we took two grandmonsters to the zoo at Twycross. A good time was had by all, apart from Dylan and myself being stung by pesky wasps. I think he squealed the loudest all the way to the first aid post, but was soon back to his bouncy self after a couple of magic sprays. Both came away clutching new soft toys from the zoo shop and I lost another arm and leg paying for them.

Today was supposed to be a free day. I thought I might take a long hot bath and read, but hubby beat me to it and hogged all the hot water. *Pthb* I thought I might take a leisurely stroll and enjoy nature, but the wind has been exceedingly strong, then brought along rain which put paid to that idea. I thought I might go and buy some wool to knit a cardigan for Bobby. I bought some beautiful teddy bear buttons when I was away with my sister and wanted to match the wool with them. I've searched the house from top to bottom, but cannot find the buttons anywhere. I think I've finally lost the plot completely.

So, nothing for it but to blob on the sofa and watch television for what's left of today. Tomorrow is another day unless the house and all its contents are gone with the wind.


© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789050-Still-Breathing