*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789478-A-Grateful-Grandson
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#789478 added August 22, 2013 at 5:51pm
Restrictions: None
A Grateful Grandson
August 22, 2013

I was at my sons house with my wife to babysit my almost two year old grandson Joshua. As I entered the house I was greeted Michael who was preparing spaghetti in honor of my birthday. One of the first things that caught my eye was zillions of goldfish crackers all over the living room floor. Michael had tried to give Joshua a few. Obviously Joshua had plans of his own. Michael tried to give him a child's portion and the next thing he knew the fish escaped out the fish container left swimming on the hardware floor. Joshua and grandpa made the best of what could have been an issue eating the goldfish off the floor until Mom came over with a broom to sweep the rest of them up. Michael gave me an imprompu lesson on how to change the new cloth diapers. I guess they were not impressed with my rendition my only opportunity. Afterwards came the spaghetti feast which Joshua ate with only a diaper. He was known for enjoying spaghetti on the inside and outside. Sharon and I cleaned Joshua up after mom and dad left.

Josh and I were outside puttering around. One of our favorite games is hide, seek and tickle around the car. After this he decided he wanted a ride in his stroller. I knew this because he climbed into the stroller and gave me one of those looks that said lets go. I swear we must have walked about ten or twenty miles up and down hills(okay maybe not that many, but it did feel like it). As if finding an oasis in the desert grandpa was all agleam at seeing a Seven-Eleven. Five minutes before I had picked up a ten dollar bill off the sidewalk. It had to be a sign from God. I knew exactly what Josh needed; a banana slurpee. I put it in a cup holder in the front of the stroller and I have never in my life seen anyone so happy as Josh was. He acted like he finally had grown up and was in heaven. As needed he sipped the slurpee with a straw and took the straw out of the ice to put some in his mouth. Once home he could not wait to give me hug. It was if to say the prodigal grandson has come home. Who knew that a long walk could be so delicious?

© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789478-A-Grateful-Grandson