*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789546-An-Easy-Write
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#789546 added August 23, 2013 at 5:01pm
Restrictions: None
An Easy Write
The August 23, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
What is easiest to write for you? Short story, poem, novel, other?

An easy write
is like an easy lay
or easy loving
all of these may be easy,
the they ain't cheep.

All writing is easy once it is completed. The difficulty occurs in the writing process before the work if finished and edited. I have always found this to be true no matter what I write. I can write poetry, short stories, novels, or anything else and it is difficult while I am writing it, but after I finish I find that it was easy. Perhaps writing is like giving birth once the child his born then you forget the pain and the labor involved in bringing it into the world.

The creation process
isn't easy
it's several hours of labor
and then your water breaks
releasing
the child of your muse
into a cold
and cruel world.

I have never found creating a novel, poem, or short story easy. After I have created the item, my memory begins playing tricks on me and convinces me it was "easy loving"; however, in the middle of the item the labor pains are so intense and long that I want to give up. Sometimes I will put the written items aside for a while, but I never give it up entirely. I could never give it up entirely because that would be like a mother proclaiming in the middle of labor that she had decided she didn't want to give birth that day.

Writing isn't easy,
it isn't the most difficult action
in the universe,
but it isn't easy.

Even though I don't find writing easy, I find it enjoyable. It makes me happy. Perhaps I am like the woman with ten children who wants to get pregnant again because she enjoys being a mother. The process of labor doesn't make her happy, but parenthood is the glorious reward for the excruciating hours of labor. For me the finished product, the poem, short story, or novel is the reward for the hours of labor put into the written word; the finished product is the "easy loving" part of the labor.




© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789546-An-Easy-Write