*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/790158-Was-it-a-dream-or-did-it-really-happen
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#790158 added August 31, 2013 at 9:50am
Restrictions: None
Was it a dream or did it really happen?
The August 31, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
I don't know about you but when someone wakes me up in the middle of the night to talk, I tend to speak nonsense and in the morning wonder if I was dreaming or did we really talk. Share with us one of your midnight conversations. Was it with a good friend or sibling? How much did you really remember the next day? If you haven't had the pleasure of a midnight conversation, try to imagine what one would be like and with who.

I've had this type of experience before, the problem is that they can be extremely scary I remember an incident that occurred in Blackwell, Oklahoma, a year or so before I moved to Las Vegas, Nevada. In this dream or waking life experience, I'm still not sure which one to file it under. A cousin, who lived in the same city, called me and told me she found my Social Security card.

A ringing telephone is one of the three or four noises that will wake me from a sound sleep. Anyway I remember the telephone ringing and getting up to answer it. My cousin told me what she had found, so I got dressed. After getting dressed I got in my car and drove to her house. I knocked on the door, but no one answered and her car was not in the yard. I got back in my car, drove back home, and went back to sleep. When I woke up, I remember the incident and everything I did, but I did not know if it was a dream or a real experience. If it was a real experience, then I must have driven to her house (more then a mile from me) in my sleep. If it was a dream then it was so damn real, I couldn't tell the difference and to this day, I still don't know if it was real or a dream.

Don't wake me from a sound sleep,
incoherent conversations
are the least we have to worry about.

Another waking from a sound sleep incident occurred in Las Vegas. My brother was still married to his first wife at the time and they had one child, a boy. In the dream, Jason (my nephew) had fallen out of his crib and hurt himself. The dream was so real, that when I woke up, I called my brother to ask if Jason was all right. My brother wasn't happy about the phone call because it woke him up. Anyway he hung up and I went back to sleep. When I woke up, I thought the incident was part of my dream until he called and asked me not to call him up in the middle of the night when I had a weird dream.

Noises that wake me from a sound sleep
are crying babies,
ringing phones,
ringing doorbells,
or someone pounding on my door.


Sometimes I wonder if these frightenly real dreams are nightmares known to me alone or if others have similar experiences. I wake up and stare into the darkness. I listen for the telephone, crying baby, doorbell, or pounding on my door that woke me. Did one of these noises really occur? Was the noise a figment of a nightmare? Am I dreaming dreams that no one has ever dreamed before? Am I dreaming dreams that only the non-creative can ignore?

Thought of the Day: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before." - Edgar Allan Poe

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/790158-Was-it-a-dream-or-did-it-really-happen