*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/790220-To-Heck-in-a-Handbag
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#790220 added August 31, 2013 at 11:41pm
Restrictions: None
To Heck in a Handbag
To Heck in a Handbag

I had some great ideas for my blog last night but seem to have forgotten what they were. I should have scribbled some notes like I usually do when my muse provides all those great ideas but when I don’t act they disappear off into the great nether world of forgotten memories. Its like waking up from a dream where everything is so vividly etched in my awareness and then having it slowly fade like the fog as the sun comes up.

This morning I worked on my RC model Airplane. I got the elevator and rudder installed. I dread putting in the plastic hinges that articulate the operating surfaces. You have to hold the Exacto-knife perfectly level or else you poke through the top or bottom of the thin balsawood. Then if you get glue into the hinges things go from bad to worse. If can be frustrating but I am in a phase of my learning where I don’t expect more perfection than I can deliver. The goal is to build a flying model and not a work of art for the Smithsonian Institute.

Then we went for a drive and picked up some groceries and doo-dads. Had lunch at Culvers. This is a franchise that is located primarily in the upper Midwest but the burgers are exceptionally good. While in Stephens Point I dropped Linda off at Target and went up to Fleetfarm. Target is a girly store and Fleetfarm is where the guys hang out. Anyway I am still thinking about building a motion emulator and I checked out the axles and bearings.

They had some ¾ inch rod that will serve fine for the axles and I also looked at a bearing sleeve and bearing. The clerk was not able to demonstrate how the bearing went into the sleeve and I am going to have to check out the internet to figure out how. Then I stopped by the salvage yard and inquired about a wiper motor, to make the emulator revolve 360 degrees. I am not sure this type of motor is suitable but the price is certainly right.. What I want to be able to do is get the emulator to turn at a rate of between one and three Revolutions Per Minute.

When we got home I skinned the bottom of the wing to my model airplane. The color scheme I chose was red on the top and yellow on the bottom. My rational is that when the airplane gets hard to see and I see yellow, then I know things are going to heck in a handbag.

© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/790220-To-Heck-in-a-Handbag