*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/790264-Church-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#790264 added September 1, 2013 at 9:27am
Restrictions: None
Church Day

Today is Sunday and we'll be going to church. We try and make it as often as possible but our track record is far from perfect. For some reason it always requires an extreme exercise of will on my part. I know I need to go but something (Yeah! The DEVIL and those seductive whispers *Bigsmile* finds all those compelling reasons not to.)

After church we are thinking about going to Harrisville for their annual tractor pull. You have to live in Farm Country to understand what that is. It’s analogous to an athletic competition where the rural fellows take tractors and see who can pull the most weight the furthest. It evolved from the old days when farmers used to meet at the fair with their strongest team of horses and do the same thing. There is also a competition for pick-up trucks.

It is overcast and there was just a weather alert for thunder storms to the West of here. We could use some rain.

I’m thinking about my Motion Emulator this morning. I built a scale working model of what I had in mind and put it in the back seat with the dog. Honey ate it, “don’t you know?” If I used that as an excuse nobody would believe me. To make it go around and around I am thinking about a DC electric motor driving some kind of reduction gear. I thought about using my old PTO driven cement mixer, or maybe that old roto-tiller sitting in the garden the past two years. Then of course there is using a windshield wiper from an old car or truck. In addition there is the possibility of a parted out electric wheel chair or lawn tractor. Somebody help me! I need to adapt a DC electric motor to making this thing that looks like a carnival ride rotate around in either direction… something low torque that turns between 1 and 3 RPMs.

© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/790264-Church-Day