*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/790276-Rejection
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#790276 added September 1, 2013 at 1:09pm
Restrictions: None
Rejection
August 31, 2013

rejection (n.) 1550s, from French réjection (16c.) or directly from Latin reiectionem (nominative reiectio) "act of throwing back," noun of action from past participle stem of reicere (see reject). In 19c., it also could mean "excrement." Medical transplant sense is from 1954. In the psychological sense, relating to parenting, from 1931.

Now that you know what it means who wants to go and get some. There is even some "excrement" thrown in for good measure. At our work place it is a common place phenomenon. After all we as guard are the mythical gatekeepers. No one or nothing should pass us without our knowing while we are on watch. If we fail in our mission property or persons may be lost.

As a minister I know about this in one of the beatitudes that says blessed are the persecuted and in another passage it talks of one despised and rejected. This same person took upon himself the sin and rejection which was our punishment. There I am at work awaiting opportunity to begin my shift. I call a short time before my shift starts or ends and hear the refrain "call rejected". I suddenly realize that I need to know rejection before I know of the place where I belong.



Chapter 3 "Behold" knows rejection *Sad*

I will not have as much time to flesh this chapter out. It is almost time for work. In a sense I am offering my own form of rejection.

There I am in the prison setting and the best thing to learn is that there is no such thing as minimum security. You need to know how to stand up for yourself and above all CYA(cover your ass)

I faced my own form of being rejected by the three captains who were over me. My only crime was that I was a different color of black than they were. My mom was black and my dad white. They did everything they could to make my life miserable.

I learned that as long as I did my job they had nothing on me. That is my message to any other person in the throes of rejection. Make sure that you sweep your own side of the street. The rest of it will have to be taken care of by someone else.*Cool*

© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/790276-Rejection