*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/790104-Seeing-is-the-Goal
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#790104 added August 30, 2013 at 7:01pm
Restrictions: None
Seeing is the Goal
August 30th, 2013

Last night was one of those wake up calls. I get to work and someone notices that the lens is missing from my eyeglasses. I become frantic. It seems funny that I am trying to find something when my vision is not at a place when I can see most clearly. Seeing is after all the goal. That seemed to be the goal throughout the evening. There were new rules concerning inspecting employees to make sure they do not steal anything. This puts everyone on edge. There are limits to what people will tolerate in terms of entering into the world of their sacred stuff. Most employees are leaving their stuff in the car to avoid a feeling of being gawked at.

On the lighter side a truck forgot to close the back of the truck and the product on wheeled carts went cascading out. Then again it is all in how you look at it. This has never happened in all my years of doing security. This does not making it any less embarassing for the person(s) responsible for making sure the back of the truck was shut. *RollEyes*

Chapter 3

"Behold" shares that seeing is the goal. The day I first saw him was the a resumption of duty. He had not worked for months, because of kidney issues. At the time he shared this with me he was in dialysis two times a week. This did not in any way decrease his passion of wanting to work. I learned that he was fearful that someone was going to intrude on his decision to continue working as long as he was able. He had tensions with one of the employees in another section of the warehouse and was sent to work with me instead.*Shock*

If you look at the first chapter of our encounter you might think that the chemistry between us was all wrong. One on looking employee thought we were bitter enemies. Behold and I hardly knew each other. After the first few weeks things changed. We both exuded mutual respect. Now Behold talks in a strident manner about what gives him cause to radiate life. I on the other hand am mostly quiet. I enjoy his stories.

I am learning that what happens in situations and relationships depends on how you see. With or without an eyeglass lens one can discover that true vision dictates what will or will not happen in adventures that loom ahead.*Wink*

© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/790104-Seeing-is-the-Goal