*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/790294-Colour-Co-Ordinates
by ~MM~
Rated: E · Book · Children's · #1950329
A collection of kids/YA first person short stories (Quills '13 Nominee)
#790294 added January 19, 2014 at 2:37pm
Restrictions: None
Colour Co-Ordinates
Red. Why do they always pick Red? Oh sure, he’s bright, and bold, and chic. But really? Brash, and loud, and totally in your face, is more like it.
And yet they still pick him.
He’s so intense. Passion and fire and anger. Dude’s got serious anger management probs. Like that time he tried to squeeze Orange out of the rainbow; she ended up huddled up so close to Yellow, you could hardly tell them apart. Only Green wasn’t having any of that, and he pushed Yellow right along the spectrum and she bounced Orange straight back into Red.
Man did that get messy.
Like I said, Red’s like that; yet he’s still the one to party with.
Well, Red or Pink. A lot of girls pick Pink. I reckon it’s down to all that Hello Kitty imagery she puts across (before it was all Barbie this and Barbie that, prism knows what fashion statement she’ll make next). Now of course, everyone thinks she’s all sweet and fluffy, like cotton candy. Pink is a girl’s colour.
Saying that, Blue’s still pretty popular – mostly with small boys or the anti-Pink brigade. See, Pink’s like that, you either adore her in all her fluffiness or you wish she’d simply get lost. Her and that dumb unicorn she rides.

Me? I kinda like Grey. He’s a laid back dude. Okay, so he’s not as hardcore as ol’ Black (there is so a reason alleys are dark. You do not want to upset that colour.), but Grey ain’t as sanctimonious as White. For those of you of the txtspk generation, that means I-am-better-than-you-and-don’t-you-forget it, with a liberal dash of I-am-also-holier-than-thou (Thou being White-speak for you. As in ‘hey, you’ or ‘what are you looking at?’ – it helps if you have fancy accent or at least some walnuts in your cheeks when you talk.).
To be fair, I probably ought to hang out with Grey more often. Like I said, he’s a nice guy, just not really the sort of fella you wanna be seen with, if you know what I mean. He’s got that whole indecisive streak thing going; yes-no-maybe.
Mind you, that still better than Orange. Remember that rainbow incident? Yeah, she does too. Now there’s a gal with issues.

Trouble is see, I’m like everyone else. From snotty kids with fire engines up their noses, to pouty teenage girls, to middle-aged men with comb-overs and beer-guts drooling over Ferraris, right up to that little old lady in church who wears rubies in her ears – like all of them, I wanna be with Red.


Word count: 431
Prompt: Be a colour.


Seeds signature
© Copyright 2014 ~MM~ (UN: miget_mushroom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
~MM~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/790294-Colour-Co-Ordinates