*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/790344-Sunday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#790344 added September 1, 2013 at 11:29pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday
Sunday night already. The day went by way too fast. That's always the way it goes; Law of Relativity, you know. I had today off, and so did Rhonda. Our first day off since mid May, or longer. We also had family visiting, so we spent half the day with my younger brother and his girlfriend, our daughter and her husband, and our grandchildren.

It was a great day all around, even if there were a few problems that came up. To start the day, we slept in until nine this morning. We have not been able to sleep in for months. Then, we spent a leisurely morning enjoying each others company. We also enjoyed a Bible study together, and Klarissa even seems to be doing better.

Then we headed into town to visit, went out to eat, and stopped and got some coffee on the way over to Len and Linda's after we ate. That was the messed up part. We had to hold on to coffee so it would not spill, since there are no drink holders in the van. As we came into our intersection, some bone-head wouldn't let me into the turning lane.

So, I slowed down and let him get past us. Just as he did, he slammed on his brakes right there in the turning lane. The light was green, and he was not at the intersection yet, so there was absolutely no reason to stop, yet he did. This meant I had to slam on the brakes as well.

At the same time, Jamie called and of course, my cell phone was in the back, behind my seat, in Rhonda's purse. Now, I did not know for sure I would get the day off, since it could get busy at work. Therefore, I had to keep my phone handy just in case I got called in.

So, as the phone rang, Rhonda let go of the coffee, to get my phone. Even as she did, the bone-head slammed on the brakes and our coffee launched. One spilled completely, the other didn't lose the lid but still leaked plenty out on the floor.

But, there wasn't no sense in crying over spilled milk -- or coffee, so we went over and enjoyed the afternoon. Then, after the kids left, we did a little shopping, then came home. We enjoyed a nice evening, and now it's time to think about getting off to bed. Three fifteen comes very early. I'm finding it difficult to go to bed, however, because I just don't want to let this day end.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/790344-Sunday