*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/790457-Monday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#790457 added September 2, 2013 at 10:23pm
Restrictions: None
Monday
What a crazy day. I got up at 3:15 this morning and was at work by 4:45. That's when I remembered, it's a holiday and we don't have to be at work until 6:15. Not enough time to run back home, so I just napped in the Jimmy; well, tried to nap in the Jimmy.

Then I'm at work, starting my day. It's down right cold this morning, and just dead. I had maybe 4 people come through by 9:45. So, I took a fifteen minute break, and when I came back, there was yard traffic everywhere.

It slowed down some, and Rhonda came in at 11:00. And, we got hit with another rush of traffic. I stayed on and helped, but did get clocked out about noon. I was then ready to go home, but wanted to see if we needed double coverage. My thoughts where, "If Jason approves double coverage, I'll call Natalie and then go over and give her a ride in to work."

Only, by the time I got a chance to talk to Jason, the yard traffic was backed up and there was no time to call or go get Natalie. I went back and helped out, and it stayed busy as all hell until about 16:00. Then it began to slow down, but not enough to clock out. I did finally get out of there about 16:45.

I had some paperwork to do, and a fax to send, so I went in to do just that. Before I was done, I was called out to the guardhouse again. This time I had to work on some time off for another guard. He has a legitimate reason for requesting time off, and is only asking for a few hours on Wednesday and on Thursday.

Only, we have a shortage on help yet, and that makes it pretty difficult. Even so, if Natalie approves the changes and can work an extra day, we can not only get Allen the few hours off he requested, we can also get him one of the days off. Only, this is going to require some major changes to the schedule.

I was beginning to think I wasn't going to have to change this schedule, a very rare thing. But, it was a false hope; we will be changing the schedule.

This also put me way behind schedule for my plans. I had intended to come home by 13:00 at the latest, catch up on some much needed sleep, and then get up and work on the next schedule. Instead, I made it home by 19:00 and worked on the current schedule.  It's just been that kind of crazy.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/790457-Monday