*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/790489-A-Little-each-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#790489 added September 3, 2013 at 9:52am
Restrictions: None
A Little each Day

Went to the flying field yesterday. It was pretty windy so I didn’t fly. Even some of the more experienced members used the opportunity more for socializing than flying. I mentioned earlier about the new rule that is being enforced about having a second set of eyes check out a new airplane.

Since the weather wasn’t cooperating, I had plenty of “Help” when I brought out my new “Rehabilitation.” It is an old 40-sized model (uses a forty size glow engine) and I really liked the way it was built and the asthenic qualities of the model. I had fixed the problems that Don (Flight Instructor) told me to fix last week and a crowd gathered to hear his wisdom indirectly imparted. (At my expense) Anyway there were numerous good additional comments on what I should do before it was deemed truly “Airworthy.” Al helped me fix all the “nitnoids” and then Don took it up for a test flight and TRIMMING.

Trimming is where minor adjustments are made with the transmitter that adjust the flying surfaces of the airplane to the conditions of flight. For example if the plane is tail heavy some down elevator can be cranked in to make it fly level. Anyway it flew great! My “fix it upper” skills are improving at a faster pace than my flying skills.

Afterwards I went over to Al’s and we did some horse-trading. We exchanged some models and engines and I picked up some neat things to repair and get airworthy again. He got some engines that were practically new and a Piper Cub.

Last night Henry called who is an old friend of mine. He got me interested in heavy equipment after I retired. Some of the things he does in his shop to a Semi are amazing. Anyway, I told him my motion emulator problem of being able to rotate a seat 360 degree at between one and three RPMs. He said he would think about the matter as he drives around supporting the potato harvest.

Two of my students have already submitted their lesson 1 vignettes. I still have a couple that never really checked in and make me wonder if they will still be around next week. Last night I read both and wrote a critique on one. If I write a couple a day the job is more manageable. If I put things off and try and rush at the end of the week the quality suffers. This is true for working on model airplanes and reviewing vignettes. A little each day is the best way! Does that rhyme or what?




© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/790489-A-Little-each-Day