*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/790562-Day-1314-Free-DayFire
Rated: E · Book · Contest · #1915339
30 Day Image Prompt Contest: 30 days, 60 image prompts and 227K worth of prizes!
#790562 added September 4, 2013 at 12:30am
Restrictions: None
Day 13/14: Free Day/Fire
Dry brittle pages went up in a whoosh of fire and despair. Too late she grabbed the book off Edwins desk and extinguished the flames with a magic word. Edwin's face bore plaintive innocence.
"My apologies, t'were an accident." His voice and eyes held signs of untruth. Not enough for surety, but enough for hesitation.

------------
Prompt: book on fire
Style: 55 word story
Excess: The dry brittle pages of the text went up in 1 a whoosh of fire and despair. "What did you do?!" 2 Too late she grabbed the book off Edwins desk and 3 stuffed out the flames with a magic word. Edwin's face 4 was one of plaintive innocence.
"My apologies, it was a 5 dire accident." Ella stared at 55 him for a moment. She was never great at lie detection sans her minerals but something did not sound right in his voice. His eyes displayed signs of untruth. Not enough for her to be sure, but enough for her not to trust him.
© Copyright 2013 A*Monaing*Faith (UN: afaith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
A*Monaing*Faith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/790562-Day-1314-Free-DayFire