*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/790657-Play-Ball
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#790657 added September 5, 2013 at 10:31am
Restrictions: None
Play Ball
September 4th, 2013

Yesterday was one of those hyper busy days. To culminate the madness I took my wife to see the Royals play the Seattle Mariners. I was deeply affected by all the effort that it took to get the field and players ready in order that they might show off to their fans their gifts and talents. Then a young kid said the magical words: "Play Ball". I believe that life is a lot like that. There is a lot going on behind the scenes that highlights what ever gifts or talents that you bring to the main event whether this main event is being husband/wife, working, parenting or a game where combatants seek domination and eventual victory.
The Royals lost and yet the greater lesson is that they and the Mariners played. This is my offering to all of you. What makes anyone a hero is that they play the game. Deciding who wins or loses is a task God smiles upon, even as we gnash our teeth or say hurrah. "Play Ball". The best is yet to come.


The main character in my mini story that I have been writing about in the last five or six days is taking a rest. "Behold" is getting a much needed break from all the stress that happens in family and work settings. He too was a ball player once. He is getting prepared for the next chapter in his life even as I type these words. What sets Behold apart is his passion for the game. I look forward to more times of sharing how he lives out the words in the scriptures: "Behold the Man" Stay tuned!!!

© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/790657-Play-Ball