*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/791492-Sunday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#791492 added September 15, 2013 at 9:53am
Restrictions: None
Sunday
Got in here pretty late last night, but back early today. It was after midnight by a few minutes, so the date is wrong on yesterday's entry. Then, after getting to bed, I asked Rhonda to check the alarm, since we didn't have to be up as early.

Sunday morning I don't have to be to work until 8:00. This morning I was suppose to be there to go through the opening procedure with one  of the other guards. He usually does nights, but needed to get trained to open. Instead of getting up at 6:00, as intended, I got up at 7:45.

Rhonda had set the alarm for 6:00 last night, then we had a little fun and after, snuggled and went to sleep. This morning, she wakes me with a start, "You have to take off for work!"

It was quarter, too! I jumped up and started to grab my cloths, I was going to be late. I knew right off, I would not be there till at least 8:30, or later. I was thinking, "Call in and explain to them I'm on my way, but will be about a half hour late."

That's when my brain finally kicked in and I remembered Allen was training to open. He would be there, and the shift would be covered. That was a relief, but he would be expecting me to be there to show him everything. Luckily, he closes, and opening is just the opposite. It's not difficult at all, so I knew he would do just fine.

So, there was no reason to rush in, since I would not get there in time to do what I intended. No, may as well wait and just go in to work my part of the shift.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/791492-Sunday