*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/791803-Redeemed-and-Forgiven
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#791803 added September 18, 2013 at 4:35pm
Restrictions: None
Redeemed and Forgiven
September 18th, 2013

I just recently got back from leading my bible study. It had been several weeks since I got paid for gas by the care center and in more ways then one I was feeling empty. More and more I am learning to do things by faith. Back in my days of religious education I dreamed of getting an education, so that I could serve and encourage others. Ministry meant doing something for nothing. As a model of redemption it meant that I was always going to come up short, because I was always expecting nothing back in return. In some ways this worked. I knew for sure God was meeting the needs of my family and my ministry. There was no other explanation for the church and our family staying a float. When I started the church had been condemned to die. God had other ideas. It was exciting to see what the church did for youth in and around the community through a music and arts program. The future looked bright.

Then things went south much too quickly. Of course being the preacher I blame my self for the fact the church closed. It was incredibly painful. My marriage suffered and finances were all but shipwrecked.

I fast forward to today. I went to my study prepared and was grateful that the person gave me the gas money that was owed me. I had pretty much given up on ever getting it. God is showing me even in my older age that what I do is worth my time and talent. God also says that I am forgiven and that is the most powerful truth of all!! God wants me to know that anything I blame myself for is also a cause for celebration. For under the province of God's grace I am found. God sees the gift in me. How can I not want to share with others how God is cultivating the gift inside of them. God bless and thanks for attending to my words. The greater words are knowing that you too are Redeemed and Forgiven.*BigSmile*

© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/791803-Redeemed-and-Forgiven