*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/792294-Tuesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#792294 added September 24, 2013 at 9:55pm
Restrictions: None
Tuesday
I actually got to enjoy two days off. No calls, no work, no interruptions, just two days off with Rhonda. Kind of hate to see today come to an end, it passed too fast. It's kind of hard after the way the summer went with no time off, and so much time spent working.

But, I should be able to have a couple days off each week now. I just find myself programmed into the routine from the past, of something going wrong and not getting my next scheduled days off. Also, I find I'm apprehensive about going back, expencting things to be a mess when I get there. That was the past, and we have all new people now.

In fact, the last two days off showed they can handle it pretty well, and this time they did even better. So, why the apprehension? I suppose because for over  year, it's been nothing but problems; for over a year, it's been like pulling teeth trying to get my days off, and then it was usually interrupted with calls, problems, or something to do with work. In other words, I find I have been programmed to expect problems, and messed up schedules.

I suppose it will take some time to readjust to things working the way they should, and it will take time to reprogram myself to change my expectations. Also, I believe as I get caught up on the things I'm behind on here at home, it will get better. Mostly, though, I think I need to just take off and go someplace and get away from everything. Only, I can't do that until I get some of the rest done.

I could, but then I would be looking at what I'm coming back to, and that would defeat the purpose of going. So, it's time to get busy and get some things done, then, take a a little of my vacation time and go do something fun. So, for the next few days, it's get caught up on things, adjust to the new schedule, and reconfirm that these new guards can handle things.

Then, it's time to take a mini-vacation and see how it goes. I mean, lets not just jump in with both feet, it's been over two years since I've been able to actually take any kind of vacation. So, on October first, we go visit Rhonda's mom for her birthday. Then, the next step is to do even more than a one day mini-vacation. I'm thinking maybe packing up some gear and taking Rhonda on a road trip over to the James River and doing a little fishing and maybe even camping out someplace over night.


© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/792294-Tuesday