*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/792357-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#792357 added September 25, 2013 at 10:59pm
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
The end to another day; ending better than it started.

I worked today, so was suppose to get up at 3:15 this morning, but we had turned the alarm off Sunday night since we had Monday and Tuesday off. Last night, Rhonda set the alarm for the correct time, since it had been changed for Sunday morning. Then we went to bed and I fell into a kind of troubled sleep.

I had been feeling a bit anxious about returning to work, and I think my blood sugar was messed up. It seems like it spikes and drops with eating/not eating. So, when it got close to time for bed, I took a sleep aid and with it's help soon fell asleep. I did not sleep very sound though. At least, not at first.

I woke sometime during the night to make a bathroom run, and by the timer on the coffee pot, I knew it was not yet time to get up. The coffee pot has been kind of slow, so it was set to start about forty minutes before the alarm. So, I went back and crawled into bed, snuggled Rhonda and fell into a deep sleep. The next thing I knew, the phone was ringing.

Since I was scheduled to open, I couldn't imagine who would be calling so early. I grabbed the phone, but it quit ringing just as I answered it. I looked at the clock and to my dismay, it read 5:10. I was suppose to be to work about 4:50. It was one of the managers calling to see what had happened.

They called back, so I had Rhonda explain I would be heading out shortly, while I got ready to go. Luckily the coffee was done, so she filled my thermos, grabbed me something to eat and took my stuff out the door. But, I had to run to the bathroom, my stomach was now giving me some grief. A couple minutes and I was ready to head out, but then I had to run back to the bathroom. And once again, I was ready to go -- running back to the bathroom.

I finally made it out the door about twenty five minutes after, and got to work one hour late. Thankfully, my stomach had settled down, and the rest of the morning was uneventful. I did have to run to the bathroom again while at work, but it didn't hit until I was on my bathroom break. Rhonda came in at 11:00 and I took off for home.

The day went fine from there, except my stomach is still acting up, and I still find myself running to the bathroom from time to time. But, hopefully it has about run it's course and tomorrow will be better. The alarms are set; I set a second alarm just in case. The coffee is set to go, and I'm ready for bed.

A rough start, but it got better and I had a pretty productive day; I even wrote up my own corrective actions and sent it to my boss. Now, it's coming to a good ending, I'm getting to bed kind of on time, and I have my journal entry done. Tomorrow will be better with a less rushed start, and hopefully I get a little more time to get in here and enjoy myself.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/792357-Wednesday