*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/793057
Rated: 13+ · Book · Drama · #1955446
A young man learns to lead his friends and survivors in a world of the Undead (Draft)
#793057 added October 2, 2013 at 8:01pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 15: Gabi - Savior
Gabi didn’t move from her hiding place. She was to frightened, terrified. Whatever had just killed those monsters attacking her could easily kill her too. She tried to quiet herself as much as possible, but she had screamed so much before that she was positive it knew where she was. She took a deep breath and wiped the tears off her cheeks, trying to compose herself. She heard heard footsteps walking around the cabin but she couldn’t see anything from her angle. She then heard the footsteps get closer and closer to her. Her heart raced as whatever it was stopped just outside her hiding place.

A face soon leaned down and appeared in the opening. Gabi recognized him, but wasn’t sure she knew his name. He was a counselor at the camp. She’d seen him around for the past couple years... what was his name? Anthony...Andy? No, Andrew. Andrew was his name.

“Hi.” Andrew said, rather calmly, almost cheery. “You okay?” he asked. Gabi shook her head. No she was not okay, she’d just been attacked and scared for her life for the past ten minutes. She was pretty sure her friends and counselor were dead. She was far from fine. “Were you bit?” Andrew asked, a hint of worry in his voice. Gabi shook her head again. It was a strange question, but no she hadn’t been bit. “Can you come out then? It’s not safe to stay here any longer than we both have now. We need to get you to safety. Can you come with me? Can we go get to safety?” Andrew asked. Gabi looked at him cautiously. He seemed alright, and he had saved her life. Slowly, Gabi began to crawl out of her hiding place. Andrew stuck out his hand, helping to pull her out.

“What’s your name?” Andrew asked.

“Gabi.” Gabi said, quickly.

“I’m Andrew, nice to meet you.” Andrew said, smiling. Gabi could tell he was making an effort to keep her calm, make her feel safe. Then they both heard gunshots, and a voice started shouting through Andrew’s radio, to quickly for Gabi to comprehend. Andrew shouted something back into it, then motioned for the two of them to make their exit.
© Copyright 2013 BreakingDead (UN: breakingdead at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BreakingDead has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/793057