*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/793061
Rated: 13+ · Book · Drama · #1955446
A young man learns to lead his friends and survivors in a world of the Undead (Draft)
#793061 added October 2, 2013 at 8:04pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 17: Ivan - Delusional
Ivan had no idea what he was doing. He didn’t have much in the way of a plan, he had only done Archery at camp about four or five times, and he didn’t even have that many arrows in his makeshift quiver to take out the twenty something zombies that had nearly broken down the door to the cabin. But he had to do something. No one else was around to do anything and if he didn’t act now, everyone would die. Slowly, Ivan drew his bow and knocked an arrow. Ivan aimed carefully, right at the head of a Zombie that was dead center on the door, beating against it as hard as it could trying to knock it down. Ivan centered his shot, and let the arrow fly.

The arrow missed the Zombies head, hitting it hard in the back. The ghoul didn’t even flinch, or even acknowledge the fact that it had just been pierced in the back by an arrow. Ivan was stunned. He’d aimed right for the head, how could he have missed. He went to knock another arrow when a loud and terrifying crunching sound was hear. Ivan watched as the Zombie he’d just shot fell forward through the splintered wood of the door and into the cabin. Ivan’s heart skipped a beat and raced as he watched the horde quickly start flowing into the cabin. He knocked another arrow quickly and let it loose, again he shot a Zombie in the back, but this time he caught it’s attention. The Zombie turned to look at Ivan, barred it’s teeth and began to move towards him. It walked down the stairs, and Ivan pulled a sharpened stick out of his pocket. He intended to stab the Zombies head, just like he’d always heard Nick talking about doing. Ivan prepared for the incoming Zombie, holding his ground and getting ready to pounce on it when a figure came darting out of the woods next to him, tackled the Zombie to the ground and stabbed it in the head. The figure stood up, revealing it to be Andrew.

“Andrew!?” Ivan said, stunned that he had appeared out of nowhere. Andrew looked at him, but didn’t say a word and darted for the door. Ivan then saw Brandon, soaking wet, also come darting out of the woods, running behind Andrew. A third person, a girl around Ivan’s age, followed them slowly. She held a handgun in her hand, but Ivan could tell she had no idea how to use it. Ivan looked at her, then back at Andrew and Brandon, and decided to run after the two of them.
© Copyright 2013 BreakingDead (UN: breakingdead at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BreakingDead has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/793061