*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/793270-The-Engine-Light-in-My-Car
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#793270 added October 4, 2013 at 5:23pm
Restrictions: None
The Engine Light in My Car
The engine light on my car goes on and off randomly or I thought it was randomly until today. On Wednesday afternoon, when I was returning home from my grief group session my car stalled as I turned right onto South Eastern Avenue. After I got the car going again, I noticed that the engine light was on and the overdrive light was flashing. Since it was after 5:00 pm and didn't have enough gas to drive to my mechanic I drove home. I couldn't get gas until my Social Security check hit the bank or my sister sent me a check. Both of those events happened yesterday.

I knew I had enough gas in the car to get to the bank, grocery store, and the gas station. I went to the bank, deposited my sister's check, and withdrew $20.00 for gas. I went to the grocery store and then I went to the gas station. When I left the gas station both lights had went out. I know this sounds weird, but I think having less then 1/4 a tank of gas is the reason that the lights came on. I'll have to keep an eye on those lights and see if it happens again. I try to keep the tank between 3/4 and 1/2 full, but sometimes the month ends before the money comes in, which means I end up driving on fumes and a prayer.

I know I should call my mechanic and talk to him about this, but I don't have enough money to spend on more then the regular car maintenance this month. I'll just have to pray that the car continues to take me where I need to go. The only places I'm going right now is the bank, the grocery store, and two or three food banks that are on east side of town. Sometimes I drive to the west side of town, but not often. I don't get out much anymore, which may be part of my problem.








© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/793270-The-Engine-Light-in-My-Car