*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/793400-Saturday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#793400 added October 5, 2013 at 9:31pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday
I think I'm starting to get caught up on sleep. Now, the difficult part is staying caught up.

I was doing a lot better, but the two day road trip we had kind of took me back down again. Being excited meant not sleeping good the night before we took off. Then, a lot of driving really wore me down. Also, a lot of walking and just going while we were on the road. We stopped and looked at quite a few interesting sights, all involving some walking.

Our camp over in the van also cost some sleep; it was after midnight when we finally found a spot and set up, then it was a restless night of waking and tossing. The biggest problem was not having a soft enough surface to sleep on, the other problem was room, two dogs crowding Rhonda who then was crowding me.

That all lead to us getting up early, about five o'clock, and getting back on the road. Then, we had a busy day and did a lot of waling and sight seeing. Driving in the rain also was tiring, as was all the traffic and equipment we encountered as the farmers harvested the crops in North Dakota. Finally, getting home after eleven at night, in bed after midnight, and then being up at three fifteen finished me off.

I did sleep yesterday afternoon, but then I didn't get to sleep until late again last night and was up at three fifteen again this morning. It was better than yesterday morning, but I was still tired. It was cold today, and very busy, so I was beat by the time I got home, so I took a couple hour nap that turned into a few more hours. Even so, I'm feeling better and still tired enough I should sleep tonight.

I should have a couple days off coming up soon, too. I don't have much planned this time, just a bit of fishing and resting up. That's good, too because in another week we may just be doing another road trip heading west. It depends on the weather and what comes up between now and then. For now, it's time to get caught up and ready for another round.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/793400-Saturday