*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/793822-Dare-Greatly
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#793822 added October 8, 2013 at 11:57pm
Restrictions: None
Dare Greatly
October 8th, 2013

As I type I am watching the Boston Red Sox play Tampa Bay. I feel caught up in the ongoing saga. Will my team win?!! *Smirk* I did finish a great book called Dare Greatly. The book examines the role of shame in undermining our ability to be the best person we can be. The premise of the book is identifying the boundary between guilt and shame. Only as I reframe who I am as worthy can I counter messages that say I am not. One example used was of a little girl who was called a mess due to the fact she had an art project that in the teacher's opinion was a mess. The little girl clarified I am not a mess, I just made a mess. There is a big difference in the messages that are delivered. In one message a girl is pigeon holed (shamed) without any hope of redeeming herself. In the other way of thinking she admits she made a mess and can do better next time. I guess that is where it is at with the silly game I watch. How will it all end? Much of what will happen is predicated on the extent my self worth transcends any worth from watching either team win. May the best team win.*Delight*

© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/793822-Dare-Greatly