*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794069-Thursday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#794069 added October 10, 2013 at 11:11pm
Restrictions: None
Thursday
Wow, almost didn't get in here tonight. Just wrapping up a busy day and getting ready to go to bed. It's ten at night here, and I have to be up at three tomorrow morning; another short night in the making.

That's kind of what got me today, not enough sleep last night. I worked until eleven, then had an appointment with a fellow for lunch. He works at a private employment agency and has supplied me with good workers, in return for hiring through him, he wanted to buy me lunch and discuss how everyone is doing.

We had a nice lunch and a wonderful conversation, but it got kind of late in the afternoon by the time we parted company. I didn't mind and enjoyed the lunch very much. We also worked out a couple of problems and had a great conversation. However, it did burn up most of my afternoon.

After leaving the restaurant, I had to stop by work and talk to Rhonda, and of course it was busy when I stopped, so it was a half hour or more before I left the guardhouse and came home. Once I got home, I had to do some work on the computer. No, not with the computer, on it. I had a notice that a viral text had been blocked yesterday, and my security program suggested a full scan, which took all night. In fact, since it was late when I started it, it was still running this morning when I left for work a little after four.

It found a Trojan hidden in a temp file, and it also found a second copy of it in a different temp file. Easy to fix, just delete and the problem was gone. Both files had been quarantined already, so the virus was stopped. Now, I was ready to get in here and spend some time, but I was getting pretty tired and decided to nap a bit instead.

After an hour nap I got some coffee and went to get on the computer and was informed that Windows needed to update. Oh joy! To make a long story short, I ran the updater while I worked on supper, checked into MFP and FB, then ate and watched Sea Quest and now I'm here.

And, now I'm gone... Goodnight. 

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794069-Thursday