*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794176-Fried-Green-Eggs-and-Ham-with-Hot-Sauce
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#794176 added October 12, 2013 at 12:38pm
Restrictions: None
Fried Green Eggs and Ham with Hot Sauce
The October 12, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
Dr. Seuss loves fried green eggs and ham, what's your favorite breakfast? Are you going out? Or cooking it yourself?

I will eat almost anything for breakfast that has hot sauce on it. I don't intentionally put hot sauce on my pancakes (hotcakes), but accidents happen when I am having breakfast in a restaurant or at home. Sometimes I get hot sauce on the pancakes and I eat them anyway. The sweetness of the syrup with hot sauce creates an interesting flavor, which I like, so I'm not sure why I've never intentionally put hot sauce on my hotcakes. I'll have to do that the next time I make or order pancakes.

This morning, I had fried eggs (not green) and two ground beef patties with hot sauce on them. I put the hot sauce on after I cooked them, but next time I think I will put the hot sauce on the beef patties while they are frying. I also had a cup of coffee and a glass of milk with Ovaltine®. About the only thing I won't eat for breakfast anymore is spaghetti pizza; that creative leftover cooking experiment didn't work out like I expected. I didn't put hot sauce on the spaghetti pizza, but I don't think it would have helped. Cheese didn't help the taste either, so I've decided that spaghetti and pizza are incompatible and, almost, unpalatable.

On the Menu for Later Today or Tomorrow
Chuck Flat Steak with Vegetable
or Chuck Flat Steak Stew

2 flat chuck steaks cooked in an electric skillet (I had to cook both steaks before I could refreeze one of them)
5 dashes of hot sauce on each side of each steak while they are cooking

Once the stakes were done, I removed them from the skillet but left the drippings. I put the steaks aside so that I could slice them into smaller pieces before I add them to the vegetables when they are done to my satisfaction. I don't know how long it takes to finish this recipe because this is the first time I've made it. I also don't know how many people it will serve, but since the steaks were in a family sized package and most families are four people or more I suspect it will make two to four meals.

1 medium sized red onion, diced
8 carrots washed, peeled, and sliced into small sections
84 too small to peel potatoes
4 cups of water

I turned the electric skillet back on, then I sliced and diced the onion before putting it into the skillet. Next I washed, peeled and sliced the carrots. After add the carrots I put two cups of water into the skillet. I washed the potatoes and placed them into the skillet with the carrots and onion, next I added two more cups of water and put the lid on the skillet. After that, I turned the skillet up to medium so that the veggies could cook.

Once the carrots and potatoes are done, I will add a one or two cans of peas and possibly a couple of cans of corn. I don't know yet because I will not add any canned vegetables until after I have cut up the steak and returned it to the stew. Every item I used in this recipe, except for the hot sauce, I received from one of the food pantries that give food to senior citizens.

Quote of the Day: "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all." - Harriet Van Horne

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794176-Fried-Green-Eggs-and-Ham-with-Hot-Sauce