*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794356-Day-12
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Alexi
Rated: E · Book · Educational · #1956038
30 days of character building kept here. Oct 2013.
#794356 added October 21, 2013 at 2:57pm
Restrictions: None
Day 12

Day 12 - Does your character follow a certain religion? Or are they a non-believer? Write at least 300 words with your character thinking/talking about religion.

What to include? - Think of a religion. If you don't follow that religion yourself do a little research. Religions generally have rules and holidays they follow. Make sure to consider this in your writing today. If you're creating an all new world, this would also be a world building exercise.


A Chat with Daddy

David walked over to the summer house at the far end of the garden. He had just showered and was in his jogging pants and a blue tee shirt. Jenny looked up when she heard the gravel crunch and saw her father. She was thinking how much she loved him and tweaked her nose.

"Hello honey!" David smiled at his beautiful daughter and walked over to where she was sitting on a small powder blue sofa. He bent down and kissed his princess before sitting beside her.

"How's the book coming along."

"Oh! I am enjoying it." she put the book down and said. " Dad? Who is Cameron, the man who is coming here to stay for a few days."

"Cameron Pedly, his second name." David cleared his throat as memories came flooding back. "Cameron was/is my pastor. When I was a young man, he took me into his care and he helped me to be the person that I am today. I have a lot to thank him for. My parents were alcoholics. Do you know what that means?"

"Yes! when people drink too much wine... or beer, they get sick and can't stop. I tasted it once at dinner and yuk! It was horrible!" David gave her a funny glance.

"Dad, it was only a little bit! Jenny put her fingers about two inches apart. "That much." she laughed.

David continued. "Well, my mother got pneumonia when I was twelve and she died and went to heaven and I was left to look after my dad for a few years." David paused. "He died and that's when Cameron and Lindsey his wife took me in. I knew them long before that. I would often go to his church and play basket ball and games, then we would have a bible lesson. They were very good to me. I realised that God had a plan for my life and I surrendered my life to Jesus when I was...oh, ten! Cameron is a very special person in my life and I think you will feel the same when you get to know him."

"I gave my life to Jesus last week. The book I am reading tells me all about him and I decided he was for me. I feel happy now and I know he'll keep me safe always."

David cried with joy and hugged his daughter tight. "You and your mummy are my world. Hey! I came to tell you dinners ready we will be in trouble if we don't go now." They made a move towards the door.

"Daddy. I love you with all my heart and I love mummy and Michael my best friend." Jenny lifted her arms and stretched. The glow on her faced mirrored her heart. David took His daughters hand and squeezed it and they both crossed the garden towards the Delicious smell of dinner coming from the house.

word count 490
Next literary writing Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo. ** Image ID #1937903 Unavailable **
© Copyright 2013 Alexi (UN: sky1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Alexi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794356-Day-12