*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794359-October-14
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#794359 added October 14, 2013 at 10:39am
Restrictions: None
October 14
The Professional writer.
Having watched young musicians, some my age and older deduced that "professional" is when you are paid, hired (for some numeration) to perform on a regualar basis for those outside your friends and family.
We have a good sized orchestra at our church. We have concerts; playing and singing high quality classical and symphonic music. I consider the orchestra professional in their quality and dedication. Since none are paid and perform only for concerts and church services(3 times a week) they aren't "professional" musicians. That being said, within the orchestra are individuals that compete playing their instruments. They are paid to play in outside orchestras and events. (Weddings, anniversarys and whatever people want music for) They are professionals. Recognized for their talent and respected for their ability, they have been chosen by non-family and friends to perform for pay. 
That is what I think professional writers are.  It's something you are paid for.  That being said also, to qualify as a professional if you self publish it doesn't count, unless you sell a qualifying number or books or a main stream publisher wants to reissue your book. (Noted by RMA and other Organizations) Then you're  considered professional. 
I've read self-published books and find that was probably the only way they would get it in print. Is that the "professional" class you want to be associated with? Not me! 
I will, when I feel my book is sufficiently edited and can't get it published main stream, do it myself. I believe self-publishing is the future just as E-books are the future. Writing is the oldest form of communication and books need to be as "professionally' written, editied and published. If Stephanie Meyer can get her first books made to a movie the rest of us should have just a good a chance.
( do I hear an AMEN?) *Bigsmile*

Tina Weaver

** Image ID #1634119 Unavailable **
         


             

© Copyright 2013 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794359-October-14