*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794391-I-packed-all-my-journals-in-a-trunk
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#794391 added October 14, 2013 at 8:14pm
Restrictions: None
I packed all my journals in a trunk
I packed all my old journals in a trunk. I put all the hard copies of my poems in a large plastic container. I still have a lot more stuff to pack, but I have two mall trunks and one large to use. I found a a large trunk with some of my mother's unfinished craft projects, which I am going to give away without even going through it. If I go through it I will find something I want to keep because I think I will paint it, which I won't do. Instead I will give the entire trunk away without looking at anything in it. My gut feeling doesn't tell me to go through the trunk, so I won't.

I have a full trashcan and I have another trash bag waiting to go into the can, but it will have to wait until after Wednesday. The only trash bags I may put in the trashcan are the small grocery bags, which should not cause the trashcan to weigh more then 50 lbs. If my trashcan weighs more then that the guys on the trash trucks won't empty it and I have to divide the stuff up into smaller loads.

A Book I forgot About

I found my copy of One Day My Soul Just Opened Up by Iyanla Vanzant. I forgot I had this book until I started packing my journals. The book was hidden among the journals, so I decided I start reading the book again. I don't remember where I left off when I first started reading the book. I know one thing I am going to do after I move is make a list of all my books so that when the time comes for others to go through my stuff, they will know what books I have and where to take them.

Update on the Short Sale

I talked to my real estate agent today, he brought some more papers to the house for me to sign. He said that the latest the house will close is on Monday, November 25, which is five days before the end of NaNoWriMo. This means that I have to plan on having to move during NaNoWriMo, so I have to write at least 2,087 words a day in order to complete the required words before I have to move out of the house. This month I have to plan on putting as much stuff in storage or give it away before I have to move. I also have to find a place to live.

Simplifying My Life

I am simplifying my life
day-by-day
item-by-item
I give away what others can use
and throw away the rest.

Thought of the Day: "As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness." - -
Henry David Thoreau

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794391-I-packed-all-my-journals-in-a-trunk