*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794395-A-Tweak-in-Time-Loses-Nine
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#794395 added October 14, 2013 at 9:15pm
Restrictions: None
A Tweak in Time Loses Nine
The October 15, 2013 prompt "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
For a moment today, time stands still but you can tweak one thing while its stopped. What do you do?

I started to give this entry the title A Tweak in Time Saves Nine, but then I realized that messing with the space-time continuum would probably screw things up worse and I wouldn't want that to happen. I especially wouldn't want to be the one to do it because that would increase the guild I feel over silly little things. Either that or it would mess up any chance I have of finishing NaNoWriMo in November.

If I was going to tweak something, it would be when the short sale of my house closed. I thought it was going to close on October 30, but I found out today that it may close on November 25. That is five days before the end of NaNoWriMo and if it closes that day it would (probably) mean I would be moving before the end of November. At least, this year I know one of the things that could cause me difficulties finishing the 50,000 words. Given the situation, as it is, I figure I will have to write 2,087 words a day to complete the goal by November 24.

I have to find a place (that I can afford) to live. I don't expect any help with the rent in the new place. I'm not looking on the negative side of the situation, I've simply given up any hope that the government, or perhaps I should say Congress, gives a damn about any other human being except. I hope I am proven wrong, but I'm not going to bet on it (even if I did gamble) I wouldn't bet on getting help from anyone except family members or friends who are in just about the same financial situation as myself.

I know I am going to survive. I know this will make me stronger spiritually. I just thought of something else I would tweak if time stopped for a moment, it would be my attitude, my thoughts. Lately, I been too focused on the limitations and not the possibilities, so I need to change my focus.

Food for Thought: "Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless." - Jamie Paolinetti

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794395-A-Tweak-in-Time-Loses-Nine