*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794467-The-Dance-of-Wellness
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#794467 added October 15, 2013 at 12:08pm
Restrictions: None
The Dance of Wellness
October 15, 2013*Clef* *Cat*

Healing can be likened to a dance. Truth be told it is not always the most graceful dance. Some dances are part of a mating ritual. There are a lot of creatures out there that go to a lot of trouble to get attention and become the eventual dad of children. I think it is a good place to start because human nature is no different. We would very much like for someone to take out hand and show us to a beautiful place to live the rest of our lives. *Inlove*

There are other dances that take place at celebrations and as a part of grief. Dancing at a wedding is a lot different than dance right after a funeral. In biblical times people rent (ripped) off clothes and let it be known by their behavior that something happened that was painful. Their was moaning and weeping, people from all around knew that something happened. At times professional mourners were hired. *Sad*


Weddings were joyful times and the dance could be seen as such. In Israelite culture this was the most joyful of times. The bride and groom became king and queen for a day. There was a lot of wine consumed and those gathered were all about expressing graceful movement which is truly what dance is all about. During my youngest sister's wedding the groom had a hard time wanting to do any dancing. You could say it was against what he understood religion to encompass. We reminded him of the dancing of David after finding the ark of the covenant. His name was David and the best he could do was jump around a bit and that was plenty. After all it is supposed to be more about meeting the need of the couple that others that are gathered. *Laugh*

The dance of sickness is something I have made up. It is there, even if it is not always obvious to the onlooker that it is a dance. The ill person calls from out of the depths.
"I am sick, please move gracefully to fulfill my every need."*Shock*

The response to this plea might be considered different depending on the culture and solidity of the relationship.
"Here I am sweetheart my arms and legs can only go so fast, let us go and see the doctor, doctor and get some medicine medicine for you.*Silent*

There are ever so many variations on what might take place next. The dance has taken off to another level.
"Thanks you dearest for taking care of me getting me to the doctor. I was sure I would otherwise die."*Delight*

"Just make sure that you wash your hands before you step into this house", I do my perusual get the hands wet and dry them. "Dearest" as she raises the voice so all the creatures in our abode can hear. The doctors at Tuft University say that you need to wash your hands at least twenty eight seconds"*RollEyes*

"GRRR, grrrrrr GGGrrr, Yes dear"(twenty eight seconds who does this fool think he is).
"you can always sing yankee doodle or the ABC's which both take that long"*Pthb*

This dance can take many days to perfect. Some couples have known their relationship to be strained if it is not performed in just the right way or at the right time.*Confused* It gets incredibly tricky when both parties are sick. I will write about this at a future date.
The bottom line is get well!
I am learning that hugs and kisses are very sparingly offered. "Do you think I want to catch what you've got you've got to be kidding."

You are all invited to dance with us, the dance of wellness.
My tip: It is probably best to not get sick in the first place.




© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794467-The-Dance-of-Wellness