*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794632-Facebook-Friends
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#794632 added October 16, 2013 at 1:37pm
Restrictions: None
Facebook Friends
October 16, 2013*Confused*

I am confused about somethings and maybe that is just the nature of who I am. I am fairly new to social media. I joined shortly after my divorce was final around 2006. It was great to experience reconnection with family and friends, some friends and family I did not know I had. As I explored I was in awe at the number of friends people had. Some of my own family claimed they had five hundred friends. I felt like this stranger wondering what kind of crazy world have I entered. Is this Facebook phenomenon a kind of heaven on earth? I hope I am not disillusioning people by saying that it is far from that.
*Shock*
One of the first things that has caught my eye is that all my siblings and my mother claim my former spouse on their facebook pages. That is a good thing. I am glad that healing has happened. What irks me is that attempts to enlist my former spouses mother and spouse as friends is construed as my not getting it. Don't be fooled by all the grandiose numbers on a persons facebook. Some of their best friends could be your worst enemies. I wonder if Jesus had facebook what would Jesus do? My gut says that Jesus has better things to do. While other people look for friends Jesus is looking for persons no one wants anything to do with. So much for the thought that facebook is a heaven on earth.*RollEyes*

There are a lot of things that make my head spin, which is probably one reason of late I tend to steer away from it. A short time ago my family back East (I am from the Midwest) were acting like world war III was only days away. And this was all because of what one person put on their facebook page. My mom, well into her seventies was on the forefront of the mess. Only by the grace of God was that settled and believe me when I say it was not solved on facebook!!*Worry*

I guess there could be some ego fluffing. Who doesn't enjoy the experience of being liked. On facebook you can like people, things, animal or anything else God created. I am thankful that there is not a "do not like emblem". That could really get scary. I still like getting responses from old High school classmates and family when they get around to it. Just don't expect me to look you up and I won't expect you to look me up either. If God brings us together through the written word, that's fine. *Cool* like or *Sad* unlike

© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/794632-Facebook-Friends