*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795173-Sunday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#795173 added October 20, 2013 at 9:09pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday
I made it in here a little earlier tonight, but not much. It was another work day for me, but not quite so early. I'm normally up at three a.m. for work, but Sunday is a sleep in day as far as work is concerned, and I don't get up until six a.m.

Of course, that means I work later, and don't get done until two in the afternoon, which is part of why I'm late getting in here. Also, I had to do some shopping after work, for a birthday dinner for my sweet wife who turns thirty again this year. Of course, in my eyes, she's perpetually thirty, and only grows more beautiful each day.

Once I got home, I had to get a cake whipped up, baked, and cooled, so I could decorate it. Now, don't get all excited, I don't do much for decorating, and baking a cake is pretty damn easy when it's a boxed mix. Nothing like my grandmother used to do, mixing and adding ingredients, then beating the cake with her big ole spoon so fast it was a blur. I still find it difficult to imagine her holding that big clay bowl full of batter in one arm while she beat the mixture that fast, and counted each beat; just so many or it would not turn out.

Anyway, I used a box mix and didn't put any frosting on it. Rhonda is alright with frosting, but she really prefers her cake without frosting, served up with ice cream instead. I also bought some colored icing to decorate it with. Nothing fancy, just a nice happy birthday Rhonnie and then some little swirls to hold the candles.

Tomorrow, I will make her a nice dinner featuring some of her favorite foods, while she relaxes and enjoys her day. Sometime I have to take her into town to my brother's to receive a gift from him and his girlfriend, but she doesn't know anything about that. For that matter, she doesn't know what we are having for dinner, and she has not a clue that I made her a cake. She will have a few nice surprises when she gets home.

Now, I have to go stir the Chili I made for dinner tonight. It was a cold, damp, and windy day to work and I thought Chili sounded good. I know she will be chilled through by the time she gets done tonight, so a bowl of Chili, some chips, and snuggle together under a blanket and watch a movie.


© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795173-Sunday