*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795388-Oct-29-Sprint-430-words
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Thriller/Suspense · #1955384
assignments here
#795388 added October 22, 2013 at 2:36pm
Restrictions: None
Oct 29 Sprint 430 words
Shlo Goldstien picked up the phone after letting it ring twice. The caller ID said Guggen. and the number. A smile grew on his lips as he lifted the reciever to his ear.
"Hello."
"Shlo, I have some information for you. I need you to check and verify this." The voice was familiar so there was no need for introduction. The slight European accent lent to the authoritative command.
"Sure, what do you need?" Shlo knew whatever it was it would be profitable for both parties.
"I got an inquiry from one of our researchers in house. An gallery owner in St. Paul asked about an artist Aramis Jacobe."
"That name doesn't sound familiar." Shlo tucked the receiver under his chin, unscrewed
the cap to his favorite fountain pen. He jotted the name on a pad.
"You wouldn't know him. He's a contemporary of Angelo and De Vinci. Here's the story on this painter. He worked under the two as an apprentice or maybe just a laborer. He must have picked up a lot from the painters and he began to help Michael Angelo. Later before Micheal died he mentioned the work of Aramis. He was intrigued with the man's ability but more with his knowlege and spiritual beliefs. He says in one of his writings that Aramis challenged his doctrine. Di Vinci said of Aramis they argued late often for days over theory. He had great respect for the young man and his deep knowledge of the spiritual, almost as if he had some inner connection to what he spoke.
Later both men mentioned a painting done by Jacobe. It was a painting that disturbed both men and seemed to cause a stir among the spiritual leaders of the day. They tried to have him killed and the painting destroyed. Neither disclose what the painting was about but both seemed to have changed in the days before their deaths."
"This is all very interesting. What does this have to do with me?" Shlo drew the star of David over and over on the pad.
"Someone may have found that painting. The call came from a gallery owner there named Quinton Grady. Check him out see what he can tell you. My man here couldn't get any further information about why he was asking about Aramis Jacobe."
Shlo sat upright in his chair and wrote the man's name in the only avaible space. "I'll get right on it."
"Shlo, if it is an Aramis, I want it." There was a threat in the voice. Shlo let his smile slide and his eyes narrowed as he looked at the pad.
"Sure. We'll work it out." he spoke to the buzz of the disconnected call.
© Copyright 2013 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795388-Oct-29-Sprint-430-words