*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795938-Saturday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#795938 added October 26, 2013 at 7:15pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday
I had plans on getting in here earlier today, but things did not work out as planned. The plan of action for today was basic and simple. I had the day off, but would get up with Rhonda, who worked the early, so up around three a.m. but then back to bed after she left for work.

I would set the alarm and get up around seven, have some coffee and take the Bugoos out. Then, I would have the morning to come in here and do my thing. Rhonda would be done about ten-thirty and home by eleven-thirty. So, by getting in here during the morning, I would have peace and quiet, and then the afternoon to spend with her.

Only, she wanted to do some shopping. We both enjoy shopping together, but have not had much opportunity to do this all summer. Her idea was to go shopping today, after work. I thought that would be a good idea, since we are out of so many staple items.

Then she mentioned me giving her a ride to work, then coming and picking her up and going shopping from there. It would give us the opportunity to shop together and save us about an hour. That's the time it would take for her to drive home, then go back in.

Of course, if she drove home, she would want to freshen up, change cloths, and likely eat something. So, it would be at least an hour at home before she would be ready to go back to town and shop. That means, if she got home by eleven-thirty it would be close to one before we would even be going back in to town.

Now, her idea was better, I would give her a ride to work, then come home. Later, would go back into town and pick her up form work and go shopping form there. Therefore, I would lose the hour we saved.

I got up as late as I could, around quarter to four, drove her to work, then came home and had some breakfast. I looked at some YouTube videos while I ate. My plan had been altered some, but I was still planning on getting in here after I ate. Only, I was so tired, I could not keep my eyes open. I took my tired butt back to bed, snuggled in and fell right to sleep. I got up, grabbed a cup of coffee, got dressed, got another cup of coffee and went to pick Rhonda up.

From there we went shopping and had a terrific day. Since we lose track of time so easily when we are together, it got late into the afternoon so I took her out to eat before we finished with the frozen foods and came home. Once home, we spent some time putting things away, then I came in here and started writing, she's taking a snooze in her chair.

Not quite what I had planned for my first Saturday off in six month, but it was a fun day. I'm beat from all the shopping and tired enough I could fall asleep in my chair, but it was a fun day.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795938-Saturday