*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/796383-Friday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#796383 added November 1, 2013 at 4:52am
Restrictions: None
Friday
This is it, the first of November, already. Even though it's been a long spring and summer, it's gone by much too fast. Not only is it the first of November, it's the first of NaNo, and the first of 50,000 words to write.

That's why I'm up so early, to get started on my novel, right? No, I didn't get up at three in the morning to write in my novel, that would be nuts. Well, maybe not for some people, but it would be for me. For some, this may be the way to go, set the alarm, get up in the wee hours of the morning, and write away.

For me, I'd do better to get up a bit later, be rested up good and have a full nights sleep in me. I did go to bed earlier last night, so I reckon I got about six hours of sleep compared to the traditional three or four. Even so, I'm up much too early to write. My imagination may still be in Never Neverland. Besides that, if I was to get lost in my imagination this early, I'd end up nodding off and drifting back to Never Neverland.

I'm up for work, but I will be done around eleven and home by about noon. The plan is to write this afternoon, after work. It's not carved in stone, since I don't know what is on the agenda for later. As far as I know, it's a clean slate, but then again, I may have to stop and pick up a couple things at the store before coming home.

I may also be too tired to write, or to do much of anything later. If that's the case, I will likely take an hour nap before I get started. I have a lot of imagination to call upon, and I don't do well at that if I'm too tired. I imagine just fine, but if I'm too tired when I use it, it absorbs me into it so deep, I drift off to sleep. Imagination is a powerful thing, you know.

Now, it's time to get my butt ready for work. After, I hope to be working on my story and developing some characters for it. I don't know if I will get back in here to journal my progress or not.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/796383-Friday